The Missouri Insurance Education Foundation was formed as a non-profit corporation in March 1991, To Promote Public Insurance Education. The Foundation provides its services based solely upon contributions and proceeds of special events. The Foundation is guided by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, which includes representatives from the insurance, legal, academic fields and from the general public.
Missouri is one of the only four states with an independent insurance education organization. Through dissemination of facts, the Foundation seeks to improve consumer understanding and perception of insurance matters in Missouri. The Foundation’s program begin at the secondary school level and are designed to provide early and continuing “grass roots” education about insurance. Emphasis is placed on how insurance works, the benefit of insurance in daily life, the significant impact of the insurance industry on our economy, and the encouragement of insurance-related careers.
The Foundation has been determined to be exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE
To promote Public Insurance Education in Missouri
Scope Of Service
Accomplishment of the Foundation’s mission occurs through support of organizations and institutions having insurance education programs, through support of students, through direct dissemination of insurance education materials, through direct referrals to other sources of insurance education and resource materials, and through the use of all mediums of communication.
Goals and Objectives
1. Grant academic scholarships annually.
2. Distribute insurance education materials to all Missouri secondary schools.
3. Work with educators and support insurance and actuarial studies at Missouri universities and colleges. Also, provide insurance educational workshops for secondary level teachers.
4. Establish an Internet Website with hyperlinks to insurance education and related materials.
5. Acquire funding for initial development and distribution of vital new computer-based-training and multimedia insurance education materials for Missouri high schools.