Some Smart Ways to Protect Your Smartphone
Smartphones contain a staggering amount of personal data, from family photos to emails and bank accounts. In addition to personal information the devices retail for hundreds of dollars, creating a lucrative black market for stolen phones and parts. These tips are designed to help you secure your smartphone and protect your personal information.
- APPLE PICKING – Thieves target users who casually leave their phones lying around on tables in cafes and restaurants. Keep close track of your phone.
- FILE A REPORT – If your phone is stolen, file a report with the police and immediately contact your telephone carrier. Keep those numbers handy.
- AUTO-LOCK WHEN NOT IN USE
- USE AND UPDATE STRONG PASSWORDS
- DO NOT USE FREE WI-FI HOTSPOTS – Configure your phone to only join networks you approve. Scammers set up free wireless networks in public places to lure you in and steal your data.
- KEEP YOUR DEVICE’S SOFTWARE UPDATE
- USE ANTI-THEFT APPS to deactivate a stolen phone.
- USE ENCRYPTION TO PROTECT SENSITIVE DATA. It’s best to not use smartphones for connecting to your financial institutions.
- USE ONLY THOROUGHLY REVIEWED AND TESTED APPS
For more information about Meramec Valley,